Links to Agencies and Resources
The following are links to agencies and resources useful during a natural disaster.
- ACORN - ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, is the nation's largest community organization of low- and moderate-income families, working together for social justice and stronger communities.
- All Congregations Together (ACT) - All Congregations Together, ACT, is a congregation-based community organization dedicated to empowering people to effect change and improve the quality of life for our families and communities in Greater New Orleans.
- American Red Cross - Nation's premiere emergency response organization
- Common Ground Relief - Common Ground Relief's mission is to provide short term relief for victims of hurricane disasters in the gulf coast region, and long term support in rebuilding the communities affected in the New Orleans area.
- Disaster Housing Assistance Program - HUD program that helping families that were in Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Rita
- Emergency Louisiana .Gov - State Emergency Information
- Entergy -
- FEMA - Federal Emergency Assistance Information
- Holy Cross Neighborhood Association - 504-324-9955
- HUD Housing Assistance Program -
- Hurricane Katrina Help Site -
- Hurricane Tracking Chart -
- Katrina Aid Today -
- Louisiana Housing Finance Agency -
- Louisiana Office of Homeland Security - Governor's Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness
- LA Homeland Security -
- Louisiana Rebuilds Info Site -
- Louisiana Recovery Corps -
- Louisiana Road Home Program - program is designed to provide compensation to Louisiana homeowners affected by Hurricanes Katrina or Rita for the damage to their homes
- Louisiana State Police -
- Lower 9th Ward Center for Sustainable Engagement and Development - 504-324-9995
- Lower 9th Ward Health Clinic - 504-309-0918
- Lower 9th Ward Homeowner's Association - 229-269-9078
- Lower 9th Ward Neighborhood Council, Inc. - Vera McFadden, email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lower 9th Ward Village - The main goal of the Village is to bring together the entire Lower 9th Ward and to empower community members to be self-sufficient and to sustain an equitable quality of life.
- National Hurricane Center - provides weather, hydrologic, and climate forecasts and warnings for the United States, its territories, adjacent waters and ocean areas, for the protection of life and property and the enhancement of the national economy
- Neighborhood Assistance Corp of America -
- New Life Intracoastal Community Development Corporation - 504-606-2603
- New Orleans Churches -
- Returning to New Orleans Website -
- Salvation Army - Salvation Army social service programs meet the basic needs of daily life for those without the resources to do so themselves.
- Small Business Adminstration (SBA) - The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) was created in 1953 as an independent agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation.
- State of Louisiana Katrina Site -
- Times Picayune - Updated Information during the 2008 Hurricane Season
- Unity of Greater New Orleans - Working To End Homelessness, bring New Orleans home
Want to know what's been going on at NENA's monthly Community Meetings?
Check out our "Community Meeting Updates"
Site Mailing List
Register with this site to receive email notifications, updates and new site information. Enter your email address and press the submit button.